More About Me

Friday, May 24, 2013

Used my Slow Cooker for The First Time and Loved it!!!!

Hi y'all, I'm so excited to say that I used my slow cooker for the first time, yes!!! the first time. I wanted to make split pea soup and was going to my parents so decided to start dinner at 8:00 am before I left to their house, it's a 50 min drive so whenever we go we stay a while.
Ok, so back to the slow cooker and dinner, LOL!!! I got all my ingredients ready and got my precious slow cooker out of the cabinet where it had been store since we got married. Started by emptying the bag of split peas, then put the ham in the bone I had left in my refrigerator, put onions, carrots, a little bit of cilantro, minced garlic and seasoning to taste, oh!!! and water of course; put the lid on and set it to cook on low.

This was awesome because I knew that when I got home at around 6:00 pm my soup was going to be ready. So it was, I only had to add a little bit more salt and make a side for it. I made to much soup that we ate Wednesday and Thursday, took some to a friend that just had surgery and still have some left overs but they will be frozen for another time.

Wednesday I was craving avocado and forgot to get it on my way home so I called my awesome husband and he brought it home; we ate our soup with avocado and whole wheat toasts. (I forgot to take a picture)
Thursday I made some cheese quesadillas to go with our soup and If I had avocado I would probably had had it again but I had told my hubby to buy just one, my mistake!!!


It probably doesn't look that great but believe me it was very good and the chunks of ham tasted so good in the soup. Next time we eat it I want to make cornbread, I know it would be amazing. 

Tonight it's a pasta night, spaghetti and meat balls one of my hubby's favorites.

Have an awesome day and a good Memorial Day weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment