More About Me

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Monday Cravings!!!! A Loaf of Love

Monday afternoon I found myself craving something sweet, but not just anything, I wanted some cake or some type of sweet bread. I really like the cinnamon taste and smell but my husband is not crazy about it so I hardly make anything with cinnamon for us unless I'm taking it to my mom's house where we are all eating from it and there won't be any left overs.
Well, today I really didn't care about the cinnamon thing, I wanted something sweet and didn't mind if it had cinnamon or not, if hubby liked it or not (a little selfish, right?) so I looked through my recipes and found this yummy cinnamon sugar bread. The best thing about it was that it was super easy to make and all the ingredients were in my pantry.

Ingredients:

1/3 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup white sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan. 
In large bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and 1 cup sugar. Add egg, milk, vanilla and oil to flour mixture.

Stir until just moistened. Pour half of the batter into pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and 1/3 cup sugar (you can mix together cinnamon and sugar beforehand, I didn't though I just sprinkled away).

Cover with remaining batter. Top with more cinnamon/sugar if desired. Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Wrap in foil and let sit overnight before slicing. I couldn't resist and cut 2 pieces so we could try it; then I covered it with a clean kitchen towel. 


Well, let me tell you that even though I sounded selfish at first, my husband really liked it and even called the bread "a loaf of love". You can imagine how excited I was and he even took some to work this morning.


We're going to Disney with the in-laws this weekend and I'm planning on making this again but with guava in the middle, because they for sure don't like cinnamon and my father in-law really likes guava pastry. I'll let you know how it goes. 

Have a great day and happy cooking!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment