More About Me

Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Perfect Banana Bread

My husband is a banana eater and so am I, every week we go to the store and if we are out of bananas at the house we have to get some because he eats one every morning. This time we bought some that were still green but to our surprise they ripened much faster then we thought. My husband woke up the other day and went to go eat his banana like always but noticed it was to ripe for his taste so he went and told me about it. After thinking about what to do with them because I didn't want to throw them away or wasn't in the mood for a banana shake the thought hit me "why not make a banana bread", when I told him about that he was super excited and wanted me to make it the next day. My husband has a sweet tooth and I need to have sweet things for him to eat as desserts.



The Perfect Banana Bread

Ingredients:
3 ripe bananas (mashed)
1 stick of butter (melted)
1 cup of sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup walnuts (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.

In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla, mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the butter mixture until smooth. Finally, fold in the sour cream, walnuts and bananas. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.


Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool loaf in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

This bread is super rich and moist, my hubby said it was the best banana bread he has ever had so I'm sticking to this recipe. 

Have a very good day and happy cooking!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment