More About Me

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Busy but Worth it!!!!


Yesterday was a very busy day for me and my kitchen, there was all sorts of things going around. As I had told you in my last blog my kitchen was going to be full of yummy cooking; we were celebrating my husband's grandma's 94th birthday which is pretty amazing in this days to reach that age with a pretty decent health.
The first thing I did in the morning was go and buy some balloons for her so she can feel celebrated and our place looked more like a birthday party. 

After I got the balloons the cooking party started. Started cooking the items for my potato salad, putting together a delicious lasagna and making an awesome strawberry upside down cake. Later I finished the potato salad and put it in the refrigerator, then it was time to start my honey baked ham, doesn't it sound good already!!!! At about 5:00 pm  I put the lasagna in the oven and some rolls.
Here is the cake made and decorated by me. :)
My in-laws got to the house at around 5:45 pm and my husband went to get the grandma and aunt, I had a full house but it all was worth it when we saw how happy they all were specially the grandma. She was so surprised and amazed at all the food at the table that she couldn't stop talking about it.

I was praying all the time that the food came out really good, this was my time to proof myself to the whole family. Everything looked good but the question was, does it taste good? It was time to say grace and start eating and I was waiting for my father-in-law's reaction to the ham and all, but instead of just his reaction I got everyone's good response back. This was the Lord's hand in all because it was my first time cooking a lot of dishes for a lot of people.
Family going around the table 
Now here is a close up of the food. I think it was really good too!!!
Cake in the middle, potato salad, yellow rice, corn w/peas, honey baked ham, lasagna
and some lettuce w/tomato salad.

Busy vs Worth it!!! I think it all was worth it because everyone was happy and the family was together enjoying some quality time.
 Today I feel so tired but it's OK, I have the most amazing husband in the world. He cleaned up the whole kitchen before he went to work this morning and went to our room and told me "babe don't worry about the dishes" I said OK thinking he meant not to do it if I couldn't but that was not the case. I had to call him at work and tell him how amazing he is and how much I love him. I'm very blessed!!!!

Enjoy your day and remember to thank God for all you have. Much love to all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment