More About Me

Monday, July 1, 2013

Pulled Pork for Dinner!!!

Friday night is usually our date night, but this time we decided to eat at home since we were going to a resort for the weekend with the in laws. 
We love barbecue pulled pork and I wanted to surprise my hubby by making it for the first time. I had heard my sister's way of doing it in the slow cooker but since I have the Wolfgang pressure cooker I thought it would be easier to just put it in there, I just had to press meat and set the timer for one hour. 

Homemade Pulled Pork

Ingredients:

1-2 lbs Pork Loin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon of my special seasoning
1 cup of water

Directions:

Plug in your pressure cooker, put your meat, water and seasonings in the pressure cooker. Put the lid, set it to meat and adjust the time to 1 hour. Cook for 1 hour. Release the pressure and drain off juices, reserving about 2 cups. Shred the pork and mix with barbecue sauce, adding reserved juice if needed to reach your desired consistency. 


It came out so good that my husband's eyes rolled in every bite he took. I enjoyed it very much too, it was delicious. I would definitely make it again and I recommend you to make it too.

The 4th of July is coming, What are your plans?

Have a nice week and happy cooking!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment