More About Me

Friday, July 5, 2013

4th of July Celebration!!!

Yesterday was a very fun day, even though the forecast showed a lot of rain coming our way. We decided to do a small picnic at the beach and have some family fun time. It was awesome and it didn't rain!!!!

I was in charge of the desserts so I decided to bake a cake, after all it was USA birthday!! The cake was decorated with the american flag.
I also decided to bake an apple pie, an all time american dessert. That pie is always wanted by my very pregnant sis in law and she asks for it to be made with the granny smiths apple because she loves the tartness in them.
But I didn't just make desserts I also made a pasta salad to take to the beach and eat it together with the chicken and loaf of bread my brother and his wife had bought. It was so good that there was no left overs. Some people use tuna for this type of salad but I prefer chicken, it tastes better like that and not everyone likes tuna.
It was so good to have family over at our house and seeing their approvals on the apple pie and cake. Celebration ended with some small fireworks and laughter!!!! It was great. :)

Happy 4th of July everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment