More About Me

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Beefy Mac & Cheese

Yesterday I was planning on making a lasagna for dinner and even got my beef out and seasoned it like I always do. When it was time to start making dinner I realized I didn't have enough tomato sauce to make it so decided to go another route. I had elbow shape pasta and plenty of cheese so my plans changed and decided to make a beefy macaroni & cheese. It sounded delish to me!!!

There are several ways of making this dish but I did it my own way which I thought it was pretty easy. 
I basically cooked my pasta in boiling salt water, and in another pan cooked my meat. Then in my baking dish layered everything. First the pasta, then sprinkle some salt and pepper for more flavor, then the meat,then some cubed butter, then lots of cheese and repeat the steps again. Put it in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. 

This is how it should look after you layered it. I didn't give any amounts because it varies on the amount of people you want to feed or the amount of ingredients you have at home. Also you can add more things if you want, I cooked some onions with my meat but you can add peppers and so on. 
This is the top of my dish before it went in the oven. I love cheese so I put a lot of it. 

And voila!!!!! Here is the finished dish ready to be eaten by me. I had it with some lettuce, pretty simple plus I didn't have any tomatoes to put together with the lettuce. 

It was very good and it had a really good flavor, but the best thing was that it was pretty cheesy. Let me remind you to season your meat pretty well when your cooking it because if you don't your dish might come out flavorless. Add your favorite dry seasonings and herbs, get creative I know it's in you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment