More About Me

Friday, July 19, 2013

Pork Chops Italiano

We bought our first patio set and I have been wanting to use it and eat dinner outside but something always happens and we have to change plans. 
Yesterday I had planned to make it happen and even went out and cleaned the table, set the lamp and had the perfect picture in my mind on how I wanted everything to look. One of the things I wanted to do was grill some pork chops while enjoying our new chairs, but something happened; yes, the sky got super dark, rain started to pour down and  my perfect picture seemed very blurry :( .  

I had to go to plan B and make my pork chops inside differently then the ones I had planned just in case  it wouldn't stop raining. As I was almost done cooking my pork chops on the stove top the rain stopped and the sky seemed relieved and of course I was "Oh man!!!! I should've waited"

Here is the recipe for my Pork Chops Italiano:

3-4 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons butter
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
4 slices mozzarella cheese
1 medium green pepper, cut into rings

Directions:
Sprinkle pork chops with pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops in butter on both sides; drain. Combine the tomato sauce, water, Italian seasoning and basil; pour over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
Top each pork chop with cheese and green pepper. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
  The only thing I didn't do was the cheese and pepper because I didn't have mozzarella at home. But it was delicious!!!!

To finish of my eating out story, let me tell you that everything worked out OK and we had an awesome outside dinner.

The rain cooled down the 90 degree weather we had and made it more enjoyable. We could here the birds singing and the rain drops from some of the trees around us. The Lord always goes ahead of us!!!

We enjoyed our pork chops with some raw broccoli and cauliflower dipped in green onion dip. It was delicious and healthy.

Enjoy your day and happy cooking!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment