More About Me

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Dump Cake

Yes, the name says it all. Dump this and dump that!!!

Yesterday I had my sister and her family come over for dinner and I wanted to make a quick but yummy dessert to enjoy with them. Looking through my favorites online and my pinterest I came across this recipe that I tried making one time while dating my husband but it didn't come out right, so I said this is it, it's time to redeem myself.

I got busy and went to Walmart to get all my ingredients which were only four; yes!!! besides easy it's also inexpensive.

This all you need:

1 can (21 Oz) cherry pie filling
1 can (15 Oz) crushed pineapple
1 box of yellow cake mix
1 1/2 stick of butter or margarine (I used 1 stick margarine and 1/2 stick butter)
Whipped Cream (optional)

Preparation Instructions:

Dump cherry pie filling and crushed pineapple into baking dish. Stir together.

Sprinkle dry cake mix over the top of the fruit. Slice margarine and butter and distribute over the surface of the cake mix.

Bake this delicious dessert at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour. 

Then, to redeem myself from the first time I made this I got some whipped cream and put a dollup on top. My husband, guests and I enjoyed it very much and I for sure will be making it again.


I know it's not the healthiest dessert on planet earth but pretend it’s cobbler if you want. But most importantly: enjoy! That’s all I ask of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment