More About Me

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pepperoni Lasagna Roll-ups

One of the recipe books I bought had a picture of this awesome looking dish and when my husband got home and saw the book the first thing he said was "AWWWWW, I want this!!!
Now, what do you do when you get such a reaction?!! Of course, you go out of your way to make it and put some extra loving in it. I know that's what I did!!!

What you'll need:
3 servings
Prep: 25 min-Bake: 25 min
3 lasagna noodles
3/4 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 teaspoon minced chives
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
24 slices pepperoni
3 slices Swiss cheese, cut into thirds
1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Cook the noodles according to package directions; drain. Combine the ricotta cheese, chives, oregano and basil; spread 1/4 cup over each noodle to within 1/2 inch of edges. Top with the pepperoni and Swiss cheese; carefully roll up.

Place seam side down in a greased shallow 1-qt baking dish; top with spaghetti sauce.
Cover and Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle roll-ups with the Parmesan cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
OK, now let me tell you some changes I made to the recipe. I mixed shredded mild cheddar cheese into the ricotta mix instead of using the Swiss cheese, added some tomato slices to the roll-ups, didn't use chives (didn't have it at home) used pepper and salt instead and added some dried parsley to it. I also doubled the recipe because I wanted to have left overs for the next day.
Let me tell you that it was soooooo good that my husband enjoyed every bite of it. The flavor was exquisite and all the other tasty words you can find. The veggies you see in the picture I baked them with salt and pepper and a little bit of olive oil covered for 45 minutes or until they are soft enough for you.
The next day I went to my parents and took some of the left overs to them. Later in the day my mom sent me a text telling me they were very good and that my dad ate almost all of the pasta. Great compliment from the person that taught me all the basics, my mom!!

Have an awesome day and happy cooking!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment