More About Me

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Cheesy Bacon Biscuits Pull-Aparts

Let me start my post by saying, SUPER EASY!!!!!!

OK, now that I got that out of my system I also have to tell you that besides easy its very good. You can have it as breakfast, lunch, snack or dinner which ever you want it's perfect for any occasion.

I made it for dinner with a small salad and of course I also made my own little changes on the original recipe.

Easy Cheesy Bacon Biscuit Pull-Aparts

2 tablespoons melted butter
One roll refrigerated biscuit dough, 8 count
6 thin slices fresh mozzarella, 1/4-inch thick
1 cup Smithfield cooked, crumbled bacon
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and brush a 9-inch cast iron skillet with melted butter.
Unroll biscuits from can and place into bottom of skillet. Top with slices of mozzarella cheese, bacon crumbles then shredded cheddar. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and biscuits are cooked through. Serve warm.

I just gave you the original recipe but here is what I did with my biscuits.

First, after unrolling my biscuits from the can I placed them in the baking pan. I used 2 rolls instead of one because my biscuits were small.
Second, I used some chopped onions and sprinkled it on top of the biscuits, I didn't have bacon so I used ham or lunch meat. Also sprinkled some dry parsley and a little bit of garlic salt. Ohhh!!! and I also spread one beaten egg on them.
Before spreading the cheese I added two tablespoons of butter cubed so the biscuits wouldn't stick on the bottom of the pan and so they could come out very moist ( which they did).
And after spreading cheese, yummy cheese on these delicious dish I put it in the oven on 350 degrees for 20 minutes. 
And Voila!!!!! 20 minutes after :)> Ready to serve and be eaten by me and my hubby.
This was soooooooo good and tasty that I wanted to eat more and more but only had one serving and saved the other one for tomorrow's lunch. My husband really enjoyed it and saved some for his lunch too. 

This is crazy good specially if you like bread and cheese like I do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment