More About Me

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Chicken Noodle Soup on A Rainy Day!!

We've had a rainy week and what's better then a delicious homemade chicken noodle soup!!! 
Besides the rain my husband has been sick with a head cold and I have been fighting something too, so yesterday I felt like having soup for dinner and that is strange for me because I'm not a soup eater. 

To tell you the truth it was my first time making soup and I was excited about it. I wanted to make a very traditional kind of soup that's why I decided to go with the chicken noodle. I was missing some ingredients so I went to Walmart to get them but while I was there I got into buying some other stuff  for my house, specially for my dining table. I was tired of the centerpiece I had on it so I decided to change it.
 
 




I got the table runner the vases and flowers, Doesn't it look nice!!!






As soon as I got home and set up the things I had bought on my dinning table, got busy with my cooking. The first thing I did was season my chicken so it could have a good flavor when I went to mix it in with the rest of the ingredients.

This a basic recipe for this soup, but you can change it a little bit by adding your own touch (just like I did to mine)

Ingredients:
 1 tablespoon butter
 1/2 cup chopped onion
 1/2 cup chopped celery
 4 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
 1 (14.5 ounce) can vegetable broth
 1/2 pound chopped cooked chicken breast
 1 1/2 cups egg noodles
 1 cup sliced carrots
 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
 Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onion and celery in butter until just tender, 5 minutes. Pour in chicken and vegetable broths and stir in chicken, noodles, carrots, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes before serving.


Let me tell you that it was soooo good and tasty!!! My husband enjoyed it very much and I did too. I sent a picture to my mom and she said that it made her mouth watery and one of my sisters in law ask me if I could send her some. Those were nice compliments :) :) 

Today is Wednesday and it still looks like is going to be a rainy day, but on the bright side the lawn and plants are getting beautified and fed. Thank you Lord for that!!!

Have a good day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment